It's actually 10 things every journalist should ask before clicking 'publish'
- Are we making our community feel better-informed or merely distracted?
- How important is this for our community to know and why?
- Are we chasing the larger story, or just the latest story?
- Are we synthesizing information, or merely aggregating it?
- How are we serving those who know [nothing | a lot] about the topic?
- Have we provided a clear trail through our coverage? [HAVE YOU LINKED?]
- Are we using 1,000 words where a picture should be? [Hey, remember that video thing those guys were talking about? It works if it's relevant. If you've made it this far, it's relevant]
- How good are our filters? [tag, and SEO please!]
- Will our coverage find its audience where and when they’re ready for it? [more SEO, and more SEO, and more SEO]
- How are we managing our own info overload? [setup]
Fantastic photos from the latest Israeli invasion of Gaza.